Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Text Message Conversation with Ma'am Peachie Baron Saguin...

Yesterday- Tuesday afternoon. I send a text message to Ma'am Peachie about the org.- Kalis Ilustrisimo. I informed her that I won't be attending the next, next Sunday because that's the day of board exam in mechanical engineering. Next Sunday, I will be reviewing the subjects. She thanked me for informing her. The next issue, didn't turn out so well because it's about my assessment of the org.

My relationship with someone always messes up everytime I turn to technological devices. I'm not facing the person that's why I can write what I really meant to say to that person. Here is 1 example...

I won't go much about the details but just the 3 last text messages she sent me. I didn't reply with those 3 but I'm just gonna write my response here (what I really feel/want to say to her):





1. Grandmaster Tony is mostly teaching advanced level students and you have to earn his trust first before he teaches you. You're still very young and in my assumption your first time to join a martial art group which is why you do not know the right protocol and the word humility.

My Answer: My suspicion is now proven that they still don't trust me. She said GM Tony mostly teaches advanced level students but Sherwin told me last Sunday that he was already being taught by GM Tony in their Binondo gym even though he is still a beginner like me (he started just a few weeks ago just like me). About the protocol and humility things, I say No Ma'am. I do that to everyone, not just to you. I just have a low tolerance to bullshits.

Following someone or an organization without any question is not obedience or humility. It's called blind faith. True obedience with humility is you're following because you know what they are teaching you and what you are doing are the right things or else, you're just wasting your time with them. I am following my heart and doing what I think and feel is right.
The problem with people in this country is: once you question their capabilities and they couldn't explain it, they will easily get offended to you and they are gonna tell you that you're already an arrogant person. I guess the kind of humility that some people think is "the right humility" is: not saying a word and just follow everything they tell you.

I'm just testing the waters here...




2. In any discipline, you cannot dictate who you want to teach you.

My Answer: I told her that I should only have 1 instructor because if there are many, it's quite confusing. Each instructor teaches differently.

Well, I believe Bruce Lee dictated Yip Man to teach him Wing Chun and he became the greatest and most famous martial artist in his generation.



I think I'm just like him. I'm seeking first if a martial art will gonna be effective to me or not and I will disregard what is not.

I mean, how can it really be that effective in a real fight if its basic foundations are confusing? (Read my previous post about their different stances and the aldabes part) That's understandable if they are teaching different Filipino Martial Art styles within the organization but they are not. They are purists and it's just 1 style- Kalis Ilustrisimo.

Compared to my music band practice in the 90's, even though Ka Donding (our Maestro) is stricter than Kuya Jerry when teaching me with the trumpet (in the now defunct Banda '93 in Silang, Cavite), it's still the same. I'm not doing any wrong tune with the trumpet because I'm following the same music piece. I won't get confused that Ka Donding's teaching is different than Kuya Jerry's. So when it comes to an all together orchestral practice every week, everything is in harmony.
I believe martial art and music are just the same. They both follow adjustments in rhythm and timing so every technique in martial art should be "in harmony".





3. In Kalis Ilustrisimo and Bakbakan International, to where I am a senior member, for you to join the group, somebody has to sponsor you in, and that somebody will be responsible for your acts. You are the only one who walked in without a sponsor and that is because I admired your perseverance to reach us. Not because you have money to pay gives you the right to dictate on who you want to teach you.

My Answer: I don't think my perseverance is the real reason why they let me in. I think the real reason is these kinds of art are dying in this country (where they were founded) compared to other countries where they are prospering. They need to promote this art to the younger generation of this country. If Filipino Martial Art is not dying here, I believe there will be a test or initiation before an aspiring to be a student can join in this organization. Just as they don't know me yet, I also don't know them yet also. All I know are the ones I saw on youtube and read on the internet or a book. Not because you're a master of something doesn't mean you already earned the respect of everyone. Respect is something you should earn, not demanded regardless of one's gender or status in life.

Now that I saw that they are fighting with each other and they lack unity, I might as well get separated with them as early as possible. Some of them are already making innuendos about my long hair, that I should imitate their looks. The hell I care.... Most of them are just hypocrites. 2 guys in the group are long hair, the other 1 is long hair then cut his hair short to influence me and even GM Tony was long hair in the official book of the org (see the extending hair on his back).:



I'm done.



But I admire her for having patience in handling someone like me. She's certainly a queen.